The Stuntbyte Salesforce Deployment Tool is a text-based tool that helps with migration of Salesforce components between instances of Salesforce.
It's especially helpful if you use separate development, test and productions instances of Salesforce -- like you know you should.
Essentially the tool is a simpler and/or more flexible way to achieve the same thing that Salesforce provide via the "Force.com migration tool" (aka ant), Eclipse's "Deploy to Server" feature, or the web-based deployment tool, except it's better because:
- You can easily merge deployment scripts made by multiple developers
- You can easily "tweak" deployments prior to deployment
- You don't have to XML yourself to death with the ant tool
- You don't have to point and click yourself to death with the Eclipse tool, or the web-based tool
- It actually works (unlike the web-based tool)